RE: [RC] Shagya National Ride ! - matt medeiros

Go getm girls.I am going to have a 30meter trike ride over Easter Weekend.I've been workin out yah.In May, a 60m meter 2day .If no one else shows up,I might be crowned National Champion

heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Dear Heidi,
>
> I try not to generate fecal matter,

Well, you seem to be pretty good at it!

> but I do recognize it when I smell it...or read it

Clearly not.

> Regardless of what the ride is called, the owners/riders of Shagya-bred horses are not the yahoos that you and Angie seem to be so "scared" of and so familiar with. I invite you to read Angie's posts from the beginning. Flowing compliments after an initial unsolicited, undeserved and totally inappropriate slam don't really mean a whole lot. You're right about where the responsibility for horse welfare belongs. Like backyards, we should all take care of our own. I guess Tom Ivers was right about a lot of things.

Now, who is being condescending?? To suggest that the rest of us have
not "read Angie's posts from the beginning could well be called rude
and insulting. Yes, Dennis, I DID read them--had I not, I would not
have responded when and as I did. And NOWHERE in any of our posts did
either one of us suggest that Shagya owners or riders are
"yahoos"--although you are beginning to convince me, at least.
Assumptions are about the rudest and most condescending things you can
make, and are more often than not wrong.

Actually, Tom Ivers tended to be logical to a fault. And I don't think
he considered anything less than 100-milers to be of much interest,
either.

>End of subject for me except to wish the ASAV the best for their first national ride.
Why don't you and Angie try doing the same.

I believe we did. But you were too busy trying to find insults where
there were none to hear what either one of us was saying. It's a sorry
world when folks cannot make caring suggestions without somebody reading
insult into them. But oh, yeah, this is the internet--sometimes I
forget and get optimistic.

Heidi