Re: [RC] Tipping your Farrier - Jody Rogers-Buttram

I don't tip my farrier....she tends to be lazy, have to drag her to the barn somedays. Won't shoe them all on the same day, has to have it spread out.   Wants to do what SHE wants when it comes to shoeing.  Thinks she knows it all, even though she certainly does not.  But, in her defense....it nice to be able to blame someone for when there is a shoe problem.  AND she DOES go to all the rides with me, and most of the time has her tools.

Jody....The farrier.  :)))

PS.  Seriously, if you have a good one, you need to be nice, tip you can, they will certainly appreciate it.  I have been there in the public for about 15 years,and I can tell you, the farriers that show up when they say so, and DO what you ask are golden.
Ask a horse owner and they most likely will tell you that the reason for changing farriers was just that....No shows, no return calls.