[RC] Square Nail Ride - Dream Weaver

The ride was a really nice one today. I'm not sure how many riders but I think at least 70. The weather turned out to be beautiful, especially considering that the night before it rained and the wind blew and it was cold. It even snowed 3" at my house! I did get a lot of photos, maybe I can post those when I do the ones from Cuyama :). My only complaint about the ride today is that the trail was so well marked and there was so much water everywhere that it makes other ride managers look bad! <bg> They did such an exceptional job, way beyond what would be considered good that is for sure! The footing was terrific, the trail is a really really nice one with both of the vetchecks in camp. I rode Cheefy today and he and I had the best time ever, I think I probably inhaled a few bugs from smiling so much, lol. I think he is my buddy again, which is good because boy was he ever ticked off at me last week when I took the other horses to Cuyama and left him at home. He is still figuring out what is going in -- why is he going to the one day rides now and not the multidays. I'm keeping my promise to give him a break and not ride him every single day at every single ride. It's a nice change for him and working well for the other horses too. This was a really good beginning of the season ride, great trail with nearly perfect footing the entire way, plenty of water with hay on trail and markings, room in camp, plenty of volunteers and vets.

Karen
in NV