Re: [RC] vans for hauling - DESERTRYDR1

I use a C20 3/4T Chevy Van with a 5.7L motor and AT for hauling, have for years.  It's hard on them, but probably no harder than on the same size truck.  I use mine almost exclusively for hauling.  Any more it mainly goes to the local trails, about 10 miles away, or to haul a horse back and forth to the breeders' about 200 miles.

Mine is not set up for camping, just has a pull down bed, but I did lots of rides in it.

Two cautions:
            Get one with a lower geared rear end that is more suitable for                                 hauling.  Mine is really made for road driving, but it's done okay.

            Get one with the longest wheelbase you can find, at least as long as a standard pickup.  This is very important for hauling in any case, and one of the reasons that small trucks don't work well for hauling.

Lots of people think vans are inherently unstable.  I haven't found that.  Mine has always pulled as if there was nothing behind it with a Circle J 2H slant.  Well there was that one time....

Always load the heaviest horse first!! tee hee.

Drive like you had horses behind you in the proper van and you shouldn't have any problems.  jeri