[RC] ill horse question - Kathie Ford

HI there, this is for the vets out there or if anyone has has a horse with similar illness.

My 6 y/o arab mare has been slightly ill this week.  Off and on.  First day she had slight tremors, but discovered she had 102 temp.  Was eating but a little lethargic.

Next day better, more alert, EDPP okay, next day, was slightly off again so called vet to pull blood.  Temp was normal in the am, but 101.5 when vet came.  Last two days no temperature, including this morning, but had slight muscle tremors for short time.  Blanketed her as did first day and took out to graze.  We have large pasture area, but "drylot" and very wet and slippery so had to be in and out of stall situation.

Is eating good, but didn't drink too well last night, but drank very well yesterday.  Shows no signs of dehydration, gums look okay, no temp.

But..just go results of blood work and it showed a very slight change in regards to her liver.  They said very minor but because she is up and down...decided to put her on antibiotics.
\
(yesterday she was playing in pasture, squealing when I came out to see her..very normal).

This is really weird and I'm wondering if anybody has ever seen anything like this.  She has been vaccinated in the past but is due for 4 way (which I have, and will give when she is better), WNV, 6 month booster just now due, rabies and all else current.  Wormed regularly, diet simple.  Turned out as often as possible weather (this winter is horrible) permitting.

Any ideas what would cause even a slight change with liver values?

kathie