RE: [RC] Party at Dr Q's house - Tracey Lomax

Cindy wrote:

We have had more rain this season than in many many years- a friend of
mine
has done 5 endurance rides since January and only one has been dry!
The
rest
have not only had very very wet and muddy courses but actually been in
the
rain - as much as 140mm of rain the night before the ride- no fun in a
tent!!

It's hell if you're jumping....It's the SA Eventing Champs this weekend,
I'm wondering how safe the going will be?  Novice Champs had quite a few
scratchings because the going was just not safe for young horses.

I have only done 1 ride - transport and financial problems - but also
the
AHS scare. We have 9 horses with AHS at our yard- 2 have already died
but
the rest seem to be recovering- one started with encephalosis, went
onto
AHS, got colic, then choke and then paralysis of the gullet from it
BUT
has
recovered

I spoke to Barbie Gertenbach yesterday.  She lost a pony a couple of
weeks ago.  Symptoms were extremely mild : mild swelling above eyes, no
fluid on lung, no strain on heart, pony ate throughout, and only had a
fever for one day.  It dropped dead in front of her (literally!) on day
six!!!

I am still amazed how lucky we were with Diceman (whose name is about to
be changed to Comet Diceman if he doesn't start learning what "slow"
means!!)

I'ts been a helluva year so far, but fortunately temps have dropped VERY
suddenly.  My two "outside horses" (ie the two in open sided stables)
were double rugged last night as they just don't have the coats for this
weather.

Dr Q : I still have a few "baggies" left, and I make a mean "happy apple
crumble", so can I come?  Huh?  Huh?  Can I?  Huh?

Tracey