Re: [RC] New Cuyama - Lynne Glazer

Blayne Chenoweth's and mine were the last rigs out around 10 am on Tues. from the "high camp". There was a break in the deluge, and suddenly we looked at each other and said, now or Wednesday! I'd ridden in Dave's jeep earlier in the day to check out the road, and felt pretty good about my ability to sled with rig from past experiences (no 4x4) and thank goodness it was downhill. We'd missed the announcement of the impending bad weather by not going to the awards/dinner, whoops. ;-) We had around 5 rigs as company until 8 am or so when they chanced it while it was still pouring. The hardest thing was pulling out of that flat meadow, almost didn't make it. Rained like the dickens all the way home, we went the coastal route to miss the snow. Record rainfall for that day in LA, 1.62 inches, and 423 car accidents, our roundabout way missed all but one.

LOVED the ride, my favorite of any I've done. Did the first year when it was a single day ride, and the first XP there. So glad to have a horse who seems to like the multidays as much as I do , since Em retired to have babies. In any case my mileage accumulation has been ultra slow, just passed 1000 this weekend since starting in 1989!

Lynne