Re: [RC] Solitude fly control - Lani M Olson

Several days ago Lianne Cantrall wrote:

I have a Question ? I attended the NW Horse Affair a week ago. A Vet Clinic out
of Aurora,Or. (Willamette Valley Equine Surcial and Medical Clinic was handing
out free stuff and promotions. One of the fliers they had in their packet was
Promoting Solitude. Solitude being a cyromazine (IGR) an insect growth
regulator. You top dress it every day like supplements. It prevents flies from
becoming adults. It is not an organphosphate and the flyer says it has been
successfully and safely used in horses since 2001. It also says once excreted
it breaks down to a melamine monomer, a slow release nitrogen fertilizer.
Has anyone used this product? How do ride vets feel about this? Do you think
it's safe for horses,  dogs and birds or whatever animal that might rumage
through the road apples?

Thank you for your time
Lianne

Were there any answers to these questions? Lianne, if you got private word would you share with me? I am considering this myself as I have one horse terribly allergic to fly spray. I also wondered if it is okay to be using before and during rides (just in case I actually get to do some!) LMOLSON90 at msn dot com
Lani