To: goearth
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 5:59 PM
Subject: Killing Horses - An Aubry Tradition

Dear Tom,.

First, read this article by the respected equestrian journalist Don Blazer.
Don puts it all in a nutshell.
Aubry was a monster in a saddle.
I would contact Don immediately and ask for his help.

Second, don't lose sight of the fact that the newspaper article you sent quoted Vickie Speirs.
She is the horse breeder who was so involved in passing off Frank Hopkins' lies as fact.
Here's just a sample of how well respected she is.
Tying Hopkins in with Aubry is really the worst thing anyone could do.

Shame on Santa Fe
"It is indeed ironic that the organizers of the so-called Santa Fe race have sought their inspiration in the misdeeds of the horse-killing Aubry and the lies of the Old West charlatan Hopkins. To participate in the ancient art of endurance racing is a fine thing. But to ride in this lurid spectacle not only enriches the organizers, it unjustly enhances the memory of the two biggest equestrian villains in the history of the Old West. Shame on Santa Fe if this race occurs."
CuChullaine O'Reilly F.R.G.S.
Founder - The Long Riders' Guild

Keep us in the loop, Saddle Pal.
CuChullaine