Re: [RC] [AERCMembersForum] Fwd: Kansas City Star Covers Race - magnumsmom

I am right here in Santa Fe, NM and I have not heard one word
about this. Knowing where the trail goes, I can't imagine how
anyone could pull this off in such a short time. Still, that does
not mean they cannot given the idea of 1.5 million. Didn't some
one try to pull off a Santa Fe Trail type of ride a while back? From
Santa Fe north, the trail is all paved... Old Santa Fe Trail, Old Las
Vegas Road... I'm not sure it turns back into dirt until you get up
north of Las Vegas. How would they get across all of the private
land heading into Ft. Union? What about the private land that
has mature buffalo herds on it north of there?

A lot of the Cimmeron cut off of the Santa Fe trail runs across the
Kiowa National Grasslands. I guess they can run through there. It
is pretty remote. Once out on eastern NM you are pretty clear
except for all of the private land holdings.

I can not imagine 100 horses starting from the Santa Fe Plaza. It's
pretty small. I cannot imagine how you would get 100 horses TO
the Plaza, let alone stage 100 horses out of there.

That said, I will keep my ears pealed. I can be very very nosy.
Please let me know who I should keep in touch with should I find
out anything specific. Hope you get a response on that email about
controls... I'll bet you don't.

Kathy Myers
in Santa Fe, NM