[RC] Yogurt- Kat - KimFue

Kat,
   Thanks for the suggestion on adding different amounts of salt when making yogurt.  I may try out in the upcoming weeks since I will have a lot of excess goat's milk. Even if this turns out to be a complete flop I have some animal that will eat it so it won't be totally wasted :)  I have a couple different kinds of e lytes and will try them both as well as leave one without so I know the culture is OK and conditions are optimal.   I know when I am making yogurt that to get it to set up nicely there is an ideal temp range and the culture should not be disturbed.

 Even though I know yogurt is a fermented food, the stuff I have accidently left for a couple days in a cooler or lunch box is pretty gross and my dogs wouldn't even touch it. This is why I assumed that the fermentation process  doesn't keep it edible in temp above 70 degress.  That is why I asked the original question on the yoghurt.

Kim Fuess