[RC] City Slickers - Jody Rogers-Buttram

Hello All Ridecampers !!!!

  Just got back from City Slickers in Memphis...well got home last night at midnight nearly, but I just got out and moving around.  Anyway, Looks like not a lot went on here at Ridecamp, only came home to 63 emails instead of the usual 123 !....Great ride, if nobody has ever ridden it, they should.  Fun, and very different.  There is just something  great about getting to run your horse over and thru all these neatly groomed grass fields...with people out there with the kids, dogs, frisbees..whatever.  Horses did fine, did have to bump poor ole Angie off Aries.  Rose came in the barn with a bruise/abcess late Weds. night.  I knew I should have padded her for the Trace ride !!!  Anyway, Angie's horse is getting more conditioning miles for the OD...so you'll have the most conditioned one Angie.  :))  By the way, she (Aries) does NOT act as good for me as for you.  Just wanted to let you know that.  But, three of the OD team were there, all three did wonderful, the ride management was great, awards very nice, Vets very helpful, and  trails and riding company were fun.   Congrats to Bud Davidson for another win !!!  I lucked up and got a middle of the pack award.. a free entry to next year's Trace Ride.  WOW...I needed that.  So big thank you to all that helped out......Thank guys!!!!!!

Jody and the girls (who will be back next year)