RE: [RC] Irony Raises / Climate response and electrolytes - Tracey Lomax

Christy, I have been following this thread with mild interest, and I
found your post quite offensive.  Heidi has been offering some serious
"food for though", and I didn't get the idea AT ALL that she is
suggesting you should never e-lyte, but rather that, as with everything,
you shouldn't e-lyte just because everybody else is.

I didn't post before because I don't do endurance, and so perhaps
information I want to offer is best not offered at all, but I can give
you an anecdotal example of a horse who, whilst in endurance training
and being conditioned to do an LD ride, using e-lytes as part of my
protocol, colicked EVERY WEEK.

I didn't immediately put the colics down to the electrolytes until this
thread started and now, four years later, it's impossible to say for
sure that they were the cause of all the problems as a number of other
things changed : I ditched my ex-husband and took care of MY stress
problems, I moved him from out of my stressful home to a herd
environment and I changed his focus from endurance to show jumping.

I've now taken up eventing, where electrolyting is again "recommended"
and Heidi's posts have made me consider that electrolying is not
something I should go in for lightly.

Please don't stop now, Heidi, and thanks for your posts.

Regards,
Tracey