[RC] benefit of a mentor at a ride - Marta Kozlowska

i just wanted to encourage any newbies in this sport to hook up, whenever possible, with an experienced rider.  i had an opportunity to ride a 25 mile competitive trail ride yesterday with a woman whose horse has thousands of miles of experience.  i did a 30 mile ride last year and although we finished i still felt uncertain about the whole ride process. well, this ride with the benefit of an experienced rider put 90% of my fears to rest. i not only learned that my horse is a lot stronger than i gave her credit for, but also many tricks of the trade which were v. helpful at vet checks.   my mare vetted well and came home healthy. i am still smiling and looking forward to our next ride.
this was truly a priceless experience.
marta

--
god created women so his horses would survive