[RC] [RC] Using yogurt - Sherman

I wonder if adding different flavors changes the way they process the yogurt and maybe destroys the live cultures? Apparently not all of the Dannon yogurts have enough live cultures to warrant the LAC seal, but "most" of them do. Here's what the Dannon website says:

 Some yogurts have extremely low levels of cultures and others are heat-treated or pasteurized after culturing, destroying the cultures and their properties. DANNON ensures the presence of live and active cultures by pasteurizing their milk before cultures are added. Most DANNON cup yogurt products carry the National Yogurt Association's Live and Active Cultures (LAC) seal. This seal identifies those products that contain significant amounts of live and active cultures (at least 100 million active cultures per gram at the time of production and at least 10 million at the end of shelf life). DANNON guarantees most of its yogurts meet the LAC standards for active L. bulgaricus and S. thermophilus at the time of purchase.

So I guess we just need to check each different flavor to see if it has the LAC seal.

Kathy

Dannon Plain has live cultures