Re: [RC] [RC] Study on electrolyte/ulcers - RDCARRIE

In a message dated 3/22/2006 11:03:18 PM Central Standard Time, heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I would
submit that perhaps more important than e-lyting in heat and humidity
is riding to the conditions...

This is certainly true...and not just in heat and humidity.  That said, I'm generally a back of the packer, so am not one to ask my horses for the maximum effort you mentioned.  I've played around with elytes over the past 7 years, and have figured out what works best for each horse...and the horses do differ in what they need (and receive).  And mine *do* seem to do better when it's very hot and humid when they receive more elytes.  YMMV, of course...horses are individuals.

Dawn in East Texas