[RC] Low-tech riding - Jonni

After being around distance riding off and on for over 20 years, I finally bought my first HRM at convention. A very basic unit. Why??? I found that last year at Tevis, it would have sure been nice to have seen when his pulse was down. I an usually never in a rush to leave a vet check, so I take my time, and by the time I get to the pulse, he is down. Tevis you can not waste any time, so it would have been easier than the stethoscope.  I am actually looking forward to playing with it. Looks like a fun toy, but I will still pay attention to my gut on how he is doing, and not depend on it.  Now, on the other hand, I love my GPS. LOL