[RC] Just A Horse - Gloria Adams

Just a Horse!

>From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a horse,"
> Or,"that's a lot of money for just a horse".

>They don't  understand the distance travelled, the time spent, or
>the costs involved for "just a horse." Some of my proudest moments have
>come about With "just a horse."

>Many hours  have passed and my only company was "just a
horse," but did  Not once feel slighted. Some of my saddest moments have been brought
>about  By "just a horse,"  and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just
> A horse" gave me comfort  and reason to overcome the day.

>If you, too, think it's "just a horse," then you will
probably understand  Phrases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise,"
or "just a promise."

"Just a horse"  brings into my life the very essence of
friendship, trust,  And pure unbridled joy.

>"Just a horse" brings out the compassion and Patience that make me a better person. Because of "just a horse" I  will  Rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future.

>So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a horse" but an embodiment of
>All the hopes and  dreams of the future, the fond memories of the
>past,  And the pure joy of  the moment.

>"Just a horse"  brings out what's good in me and diverts my
thoughts away  From myself and  the worries of the day.
 I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a
horse" but The thing that  gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just
a Woman/man."

>So the next time you hear the phrase "just a horse" just
smile, because  They "just" don't understand.