From: Tracey Lomax [mailto:bandipops@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 17 March 2006 10:13 PM
To: 'ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'; 'Equinetraining@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'; 'Alexa Hyde-Clarke'
Subject: Think he's gonna be okay :)

It looks as if we’ve turned the corner with Diceman.  He has not had a fever all day, and his temp is still 37.7C now.  The swelling on his head has gone down and he’s looking much brighter and happier.  He was whickering like mad for his carrots tonight when I went out earlier to check, and basically he looks entirely normal.

And, trust me, I am far more excited than I can possibly express in an email.

Of course, we know he’s not out of the woods yet, horses have been known to relapse, and there’s now the risk of secondary infections and laminitis (and after Lif’s “shiny coats” post, I’m now in a total state as this horse is gleaming like a diamond necklace!)

Thanks to everybody who emailed me, on-list and off, who smsed me, who phoned me, and to everyone who prayed for Dice, Roderick and I as we went through this.  I don’t wish this experience on anybody but it has taught us a valuable lesson in friendship.

And a special thank you from Diceman.  Watch this space – this horse is going to be eventing at the 2012 Olympics!!!

And tonight, I sleep….it is the sixth night, after all J

Tracey