[RC] Final: Young Riders and Juniors riding FEI - Steph Teeter

OK - regarding Juniors, USEF rules, sponsorship, etc - Anne Ayala referred me to FEI Rules - specifically Article 114.2 - for the answer I've been looking for:  NF (USEF) competition rules can NOT be binding on FEI (CEI) rides. Riders aged 14 and older MAY compete in CEI rides unsponsored. USEF rules of competition do not apply to CEI rides. However:

AERC rules still apply to AERC rides. Currently FEI rides in the US are sanctioned by two organizations - they are both FEI and AERC rides. Juniors who are 14 or 15 may enter an AERC/FEI ride and compete with a sponsor -or-  they may compete unsponsored  by obtaining a letter from AERC verifying that they have completed 500 AERC miles. (see AERC rule 10.3 for complete requirements)

--------

Disregard my previous posts regarding sponsorship requirements for Juniors under USEF rules.

Ride managers (Organizing Committees) in the USA who are offering both AERC and FEI rides are currently operating with this compromise solution regarding AERC Junior riders. 'you can ride both AERC and FEI, but we want you to follow the AERC junior rules' to enable AERC and FEI rides to peacefully coexist.

Steph

=========
The following is Old Stuff, disregard:

GR126 Junior. 1. An individual who has not reached his 18th birthday as of December 1st of the current competition year.

2. The age of an individual on December 1st will be maintained throughout the entire competition year.

i.e. if you turn 18 between December 2, 2005 and December 1, 2006 - then you are classifed as a Senior for the 2006 season (USEF classification)

i.e. if you do NOT turn 18 by December 1, 2006 - then you are classified as a Junior for the 2006 season (USEF classification)

I stated below that riders 18 and younger need a sponsor and/or waiver.

Correction: riders who are classified by USEF as Juniors need a sponsor or waiver per USEF rule.

Steph

p.s. it is not entirely clear if this particular USEF rule applies to FEI rides in the USA... I've received a few different answers so far, will post the final/definitive/fer-sure answer when I get it.