[RC] Heart Monitor - Belt vs. Electrodes - Sherman

This may have been mentioned already, but your horse's winter coat may be interfering with the sensors picking up the heart rate. Last winter, I thought for sure my monitor already had gone haywire, 'cause it had worked for a while, then started giving wacky readings, or, not showing the heart rate climbing or falling, would just suddenly rise or drop 40 or 50 BPMs. As soon as the hair shed, all the problems stopped, with the exception of an occassional off reading when the sensor slips out of place from under the saddle pad, or the one on the girth falls off or is too high or low.

Kathy

My experiance  last week was just like yours, mid 30 heart rate, then 177 then 80.  What the heck? Where is the best place to have the sending unit get its pulse?
 thanks
 Keith