[RC] Opinions on Gear - WRSINOSKY

Okay, guys.  If ya'll can let my buddy, Howard, alone for awhile, I have some questions on gear I'd like you opinions on.

First, I ride in a Bob Marshall Sports Saddle and love it. I use a western neophrene girth with nylon billets. My stirrup "leathers" came with the saddle. I feel sometimes like they may be a hair too long. It has alot to do with Doimas crabwalking and bouncing around that I lose one stirrup, but I do feel if they were a tad shorter, I might not have the problem as often.

So I've come across some interesting items in the Sportack and Long Riders Gear magazines. These articles may be on other websites, but I just want to get opinions right now on what you all think about this stuff.

What's your opinion of the Professional Stirrup Straps on Pg. 5, that they're selling in the LongRidersGear magazine. They are one inch Zilco with pivoting bar buckles that fit further into the stirrup bars and supposedly reduce the bump under the leg.? They want $49.95 for them.

Toklat Woolback western cinch with elastic ($57 + $10 for roller buckles). I particularly like elastic in a cinch for the horse's comfort.

BioThane Quick Cinch (Sportack $60.00) The cinch is made entirely of BioThane and can be adjusted on either side. It's supposed to be very comfortable for the horse, but I don't have a clue if that's true or not. Can they breathe all right if it is tight?  I have to have the cinch tight because of Doimas' antics.

BioThane Western leathers w/Camlocks. 2" width (Sportack $59.95)

I'm at a loss. Should I got with western or english stirrup leathers on my Bob Marshall?

So, I'm waitin', folks.  I feel it's best to ask people who have been in this sport far longer than me.  Give me your suggestions.

Cindy Edwards
Buckeye, AZ