Re: [RC] Gastrogard - Don Huston

Hello Roxie,
It's been a few years since I took my horse to the ulcer clinic that Barney Fleming had so this might not be exactly correct. That said, I remember Barney talking about treating a horse that had ulcers by using a large amount at first and then tapering down (don't remember the time frame) to a maintenance dose. I don't remember him saying that you could not compete the horse while using Gastroguard or having a withdrawal rate. My horse showed no signs of ulcers on the TV screen (really cool to watch while Barney roamed around in my horse's stomach with a mini camera) so I never used any Gastroguard. Did your horse improve using the meds?
Don Huston