[RC] Birds of a feather......... - Debbie Lyons

"A few days later, I brought home another horse... a spoiled rotten
mustang.  She stirred everything up all over again, of course, and for
awhile, the herd split into two groups, "The Black and Whites, which
included both the newest additions, and the old pony) and (The Browns,
which included my two mares and the gelding)"

My husband and I attended a week long clinic last fall. After a morning in the arena, and since the horses were going to be together for a week, we turned them all into a large arena to get some herd issues worked out. The herd divided themselves into color groups even if they hadn't arrived together. Two Friesians in one corner, two white Arabians in another, the Bay corner (one QH, one Arab), the chestnut corner, etc. It was pretty amazing.