[RC] re: Drinking from Puddles - mary

I take my horses to our outdoor arena to run before riding.  It has been so whet this year that one end is a puddle.  It is not a sand arena, but is sand/gravel. They both have the same routine.  First, have a nice roll and then go over to the puddle and drink.  It can't be because they are dying of thirst since they just came from their paddocks which have water troughs .  I think it must be the taste or the minerals. - Either that or they know I am going to make them run and are drinking as a game to avoid working.  My old guy used to pretend he was going to poop so he could just stand there.  Definitely was a game to him.

- Mary