[RC] Mares vs Gelding - Equus Wolf

I've always found it interesting how people prefer geldings or mares.   I have always been a mare person.  I've owned 2 geldings and 3 mares throughout my life and the geldings didn't last long with me.  I just don't click with them.  I would say that the mares have more personality but that really isn't true, so I don't know what the difference is.  I'm the same way with dogs.  I much prefer the females (and I spay/neuter either)  But when it comes to people, I get along much better with men than with women as a rule (the exception being horse people - seems the common obsession overrides the gender issue *laugh*

So what makes people prefer one or the other?  Interesting.

Jennifer
(Shelby - ready for our first ride woohoo! Hey Mom.. are you *sure* we can't canter more?!
Sweetie Pie - look at shelby wearing all of that funny looking extra stuff on her saddle and bridle!
Bailey - yeah I'm a girl.. can i go?
Tara - girl?  Is that what I am? I had no idea there was a difference
Clemson - I'm a boy?  But Mommy loves me doesn't she?)