Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.3546 renaming a horse - Chipnml

Once again I'm a week behind on reading my ridecamp digests....but I had to add to the "renaming a horse" discussion, having just bought my first new horse in 13 years.  His registered name is Bey Decision, and the owner--who is an endurance rider I respect ALOT--called him "Mosquito" for the first 9 years of his life....basically until I bought him.  I have never changed a horse's name, but I just could not see calling this little guy Mosquito.  So I started calling him "Dezi".  Unfortunately the name has since morphed to "Dizzy-butt," although I try to keep it to Dezi.

Chip and Dezi (who is only Dizzy on certain days!)