Re: [RC] riding twice in one event - Barbara McCrary

It is not allowed now.  I was on the AERC board of directors when Trilby and Les Carr were competing for high mileage rider of the year.  They both did some very creative things to accumulate more mileage, and the business of riding two horses in one event was one of them.  The other was riding one ride, taking a plane to another ride and having a horse waiting for the rider, then starting that ride at 6 PM instead of 6 AM and riding through the night.  (Or something like that.....don't remember the exact details.)  Anyway, it was decided by the board that this sort of stretching limits was not in the best interest of keeping things consistent and fair for all riders.  Consequently, it is no longer permissable.  BTW, Les won high mileage that year by only 50 miles.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
From: Tracy Blue
Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2006 9:33 AM
Subject: [RC] riding twice in one event

Noticed on an earlier post someone riding one fifty mile ride two times
on different horses but within the same event. (sounds confusing even
to me) Is this possible to do? Do the rules allow it? Just wondering.
Tracy with an inquiring mind ;-)

Yahoo! Photos ? Showcase holiday pictures in hardcover
Photo Books. You design it and we?ll bind it!