[RC] Type of boots, continued - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Andrea fiddleheaddesigns@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you very much to everyone who responded to my original post about types
of boots allowed in competition, I appreciate all the help and being able to
get so much information in one place.

It seems like the Epics are the most popular choice and that was kind of what I
had decided to use until I measured my horses feet and he is 2 sizes apart
width versus length, but the Old Macs get him into the same size for width and
length, so it seems to me that the shape of that boot would be a better fit.

I did get a few positive responses about Old Macs/Boa's and also some input
that they may not hold up as well as Easyboots, which all very helpful to me as
well.  I am thinking with the pastern wraps I may be okay with the Old Macs
because in the forseeable future I will probably only being doing 1-2 LD rides
per year and won't need the boots all of the time (yeah mustang feet!), just on
the longer rockier rides.

If anyone has had any experience with non-easyboot boots (focusing on old
mac/boas because of price) that you think would be helpful I would love to hear
it.

Thanks again for all the helpful advice I have recieved so far, it is nice to
have such a friendly introduction to this sport.

Happy Trails!
Andrea