[RC] Ribbons and trail marking - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Skyla temposmom@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

An experienced trail marker can be a godsend for a ridemanager.
Something we have used with great luck is coat hangers. We have
the ribbons ready to go, and just clip them on the hangers using
clothespens. The hangers are metal so you can bend them as
needed. Then we hang the hangers all over the horses, great
sacking out tool. :o) We do look like hoola dancers coming down
the trail though, and try to be mindful of the other trail
riders whose horses may not be into colorful skirts.

I bought a paint sprayer, the kind you use on foot, for the
cans of paint. I can spray from horseback REALLY easy this way!
The first couple "lines" had a good arc to them, but after Tempo
got used to it, we could spray anywhere I wanted. What a major
improvement over the on/off the horse hassle. The cans go into
saddle bags, and are easily changed out from the saddle. Tempo does
come back with painted hooves each time, from the overspray.
Trotting down the trail is quite the sight, with hoola ribbons
flying and paint cans a clackin...  LOL

I know that getting people to PULL ribbon can be hard, in some areas.
It is a good way to get a "feel" for how to mark trail, if you want
to be of help.

Skyla and Tempo who doesn't mind painted fingernails, but the
indignity of having to wear a skirt is just plain embarrassing
..sigh