[RC] Arrangements for David Lewis - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Samantha Lewis slewis425@xxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Ridecamp,

   It is with deep sorrow that I must write to inform you of the funeral
arrangements that have been made on David's behalf.  Viewing will be from
1:00pm until 9:00pm on Saturday, 7, 2005 and the Service will be on Sunday,
January 8, 2005 at 2:00pm with burial immediately following at the Shiloh
Cemetery. The funeral home in charge of the arrangements is Stemple and Forman
Funeral Home in Philippi, WV. The number to the Funeral Home is 304-457-2900
should you need directions.  The local Florist is Thornhills Florist; the
number is 457-3270.  Cards can be mailed to RR 2 Box 33 Mannington, WV 26582.
The local hotel is Philippi Lodging and their number is 304-457-5888.

       There are not enough words to express what my family and I are feeling.
I was very fortunate to receive a letter from David. The letter was written
while he was trapped underground. It is a beautiful love letter that I am very
grateful for and will cherish the rest of my life. David has touched many
people in his brief time on this earth and even though he is no longer here in
body, he will continue to be with us in spirit.  I personally could not think
of anyone I would prefer to have watching over us.  Please know that David has
given me and the children enough love, courage and faith to endure during these
difficult times. We have a long journey ahead of us and it is comforting to
know that we have friends and family that love us dearly and are praying for
us.  I was asked if I wondered why this happened to us; I can honesty say that
I am not wondering "why" and I am not angry with God.  We should not question
His plan for us and simply live our lives to the fullest making sure the people
we love know we love them.  David has a wonderful soul; He is a wonderful
husband and father and we feel very blessed and grateful for what we have
learned from him.

   Please continue to pray for our family as well as the families of the other
miners. David would want us to remember him with only the fondest of memories
and find a way to continue living our lives.  If I can only offer one piece of
advise and that is to make the most of every day with your life and family.
Tell the people you love how much you love them, remember that life is fragile
and can slip away so quickly. I take great solace in that every morning as
David was leaving for work and before he put his boots on to leave, he would
make a special trip down the hall to kiss me goodbye and tell me he loved
me....Monday morning was no different.

With the Deepest of Sorrows....

Samantha Lewis