[RC] types of boots allowed for competition? - Jonni

Raven, I only know the rules for NATRC. >From the rule book which you can read if interested at:

http://www.natrc.org/pdf/Rulebook.pdf

E. Shoeing
1. There are no shoeing restrictions.
<snip>
3. Protective devices on the legs of the horse are not allowed. The leg is defined as
all structures above and including the coronet band.

That means, you can use any hoof boot that does not come up above the coronet band, which right now, is the standard Easyboot for most horses. If you want to ride Distance Only, (which used to be referred to as HDC) the rules are:

Hors de concours (HDC): outside of the competition
1. Horses and/or riders participating HDC for any reason will be judged in all ride
activities as are other competitors but will be eligible for mileage only.
2. Horses and/or riders participating HDC must obey all NATRC rules (except
those exemptions specified in paragraphs 3-9 below) and any ride rules, must
ride in an acceptable manner and not disrupt the ride for other competitors.
3. Horses may participate with or without boots (e.g. splint boots, bell boots)
and/or the use of any temporary types of hoof protection.
4. A rider may ride HDC in any class or division in horsemanship.
5. A horse may participate HDC in any class or division only if the rider also
competes.

Other CTR organizations I think have different shoe and boot rules. I am unsure what those rules are.

Jonni