Re: [RC] Right to Ride Legislation - Sky Ranch

That's great.  I got mixed "reviews" or responses from my calls to Colorado
representatives.  I sent e-mails and made phone calls when this issue first
came up a couple of months ago, but I think we all need to keep making our
viewpoints known.  So, I'll do some more calling and e-mailing.

I've mentioned this before, but I'll do it again -- I think it's very useful
to join other horse clubs and groups, and encourage all to communicate to
their representatives.  For example, Back Country Horsemen of America is one
group that does a lot of trail work, maintenance, with good connections to
the US Forest Service and BLM agencies.  I would urge all riders to join
this group - membership fees do contribute to saving trails.
www.backcountryhorse.com is the website - check it out.

There truly is strength in numbers, so if you are concerned about keeping
public access to trails, and keeping access for horses and mules to the
trails that they helped to build and continue to maintain, by the way! --
join every horse club locally and nationally that you can, and lobby.
Lobbying is a necessity, always has been, and politicians do *eventually*
pay attention to e-mails, phone calls, letters, and personal contacts.

I would urge you all to be pro-active, please, to be able to keep riding in
our public lands.  In addition to some groups trying to get horses off the
trails, there is ALSO a movement nationwide to privatize public lands --
please don't let it happen.  Once something is lost, it's a lot harder to
get it back again.

Carla Richardson
Colorado