[RC] Chevy Ad - Bruce Weary DC

  Wow. That's a very interesting impression you have gotten from my post, Laney. WWII, Joseph McCarthy, Hitler and his Master Race ( tall white males pretty much owning the world, as you put it), all conjured up from my notes suggesting there are better things to attend to, and better ways to attend to them (including prompting socially insensitive car salespeople)?  My accountant can assure us all that I don't own the world, or even a razor-thin slice of it. Sexist comments offend us all, but wouldn't suggesting that "tall white males own the world" qualify as a sexist comment?  I wonder how that idea will go over when I discuss it over lunch with Martha Stewart and Hillary Clinton today. I'll bet there are some tall white males with professional degrees somewhere sporting a crystal meth habit whose lives are in ruin, as well, don't you think?
  Wayne Dyer made a real impression on me when he said "We don't really see the world the way it is. We tend to see it the way we are." In other words, he suggests we have to take resonsibility for how we see the world and the conclusions we draw for ourselves about it, rather than presume that our perspective is accurate and without error.This is especially true when we are feeling fearful or negative about the world around us. Our views will undoubtedly be shaped by our previous experiences. I'm sorry that my post conjured such ugly memories for you. Lord knows we need more compassion and gentler handling these days. That's really all I was trying to convey.      Bruce Weary