[RC] different leads and different diagonals - larry Miller

It is always a good idea to have your horse use both diagonals and both leads so the horse will be balanced.  Practice at home.  A ride is the worse place suddenly to become balanced.  Since I am horrible about diagonals, I stand so the horse will get a break.  Canter leads are easier for me.  My horses seem to switch naturally and use both consistently.  In the trot, they bounce me back to the diagonal which is comfortable for them.  So I stand.  Jeanie