[RC] Ankle Pain...more hurting - Stacy Sadar

Okay...I don't have the problem with knee pain, but I have ankle pain.  First started in an ankle that I've had issues with for a long time that was a result of an injury (not horse related).  Doctor's couldn't find any reason for all the swelling and pain...only an old bone bruise.  NOW...my other ankle is killing me too.  Similar stiffness, pain, swelling.  I've had MRI's, blood work, etc. and nothing found.  I've ridden english saddle and western saddle and no difference in pain.  I've made a fool of myself twice in the last two weeks getting off my horse and just falling over backwards when my feet hit the ground...all becacuse of the pain!  Horse just stands there looking at me like an I'm a big idiot and saying "I didn't do that to you."

I'm going to try to change the stirrup length since I frequently take my feet out of the stirrups when riding.  Any other suggestions?  I'm also doing all the same stuff everyone else is...drugs, shots in the ankle (wears off too fast), wraps (but haven't tried magnets), going to start taking the HA.  I've tried putting feet directly under me, more forward, etc. and still can't seem to find the right spot.

Stacy

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!