Re: [RC] Knee Pain - Barbara McCrary

Odd that you should mention a Stairmaster, because when I was going to a gym and working out, the Stairmaster and the elliptical trainer were the two machines that made my knees hurt. I instead rode the bicycle and walked on the treadmill, using assorted resistance machines to strengthen my leg muscles. I guess it was just how my knees reacted.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
From: erin ...
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2005 4:35 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Knee Pain

I am yes only 15 <grin> and I have terrible knee pain!  My knees kill me all the time...unfortunately.  I ride in an old browns traditional orthoflex( best saddle ever for it fits just about every horse except a bit heavy...hehe).  I felt like I didn't get much movement so...about 2 weeks ago my dad and I got an idea and we took off the leg fenders(is that what you call them?) so now there is just a biothane stirrup...I feel like I have a lot more movement!  I have been to physical therapy, and it did help me during the time i went atleast!!! (except i lost the paper with all the exercises i think...).  I also have my stirrups a lil' long too:)  But a great exercise for anyone who has knee problems(my dad told me to do this b/c it helped his knees) is stair master.  I guess if you build up your quad muscles it helps your knees when you ride. So stair master is a good thing!  I actually remember doing a lil' bit of quad exercises last year and my knees really did help a lot!  Also, before I ride I take either IB profin/advil/ or bextra when I eat my breakfast(it takes about 30-45 minutes to get where my dad and I ride...so I have it in me for about an hour or so before a I ride).

So yep...sorry if i was a bit off topic? I just saw a heading "knee pain" and im like "Ooo yes...I can relate!" so yes, sorry if I was a bit off topic...but maybe I wasn't and helped:)

-Erin

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!