Re: [RC] gaited arabs? - Jody Rogers-Buttram

I would have thought Heidi would have jumped in on this one.  I am sure she knows more about the CMK breeding than I do, but that is the breeding of all my horses as well.  There was a mare, I think it was a mare, that did the Sunday shows at the Kellogg ranch.  She was a gaited Arab.  I don't remember her name, but I had one horse, Booy (Petit Jets Shadow) for those you remember him, that he would hit a little gait.  I now have a 5 year old mare that is double Petit Jet breeding, she will pace some.  Not a lot of control over it, but I feel like it is caused because she has twice the dose of blood.  So, with that said, I don't think it is totally unheard of in the Arabian horse.

Jody

Do you Yahoo!?