[RC] working for people who mistreat their horses - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: CK polaristhewonderhorse@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

howdy all,
I just wanted to share something that just recently happened to me, I use to
work for a trail ride for tourists out in Southern Nevada near Las Vegas, where
I live.  Being an endurance rider I was very happy to have a job like this just
to be out on the trail.
But it was nothing like I thought it was going to be.

From doing endurance I have always taken care of my horses properly at a ride
or just out on a conditioning ride.

After I started working there I noticed several things,  horses that were
fairly young where starting to develop sway back because  they were putting
very heavy people on small horses, horses that had saddle sores and lumps
because they had improperly fit saddles on all day, horses that were lame or
only had one shoe on, still being ridden all day with no care.
One day the boss cowboy told me to ride a lame horse to take a couple of people
out.  After I help the people on their horses
I waited till he wasnt looking and rode a sound horse.
Then another day they put a guy who has never riden and horse on one of the
horses that only had one shoe and of course the horse was starting to go lame
so I told the boss cowboy that this horse needed to be reshoed and he just
looked at me like I was stuipped and kept the horse on the ride line the rest
of the day for others to ride.
I was thinking about reporting them to the spca or something, its not right for
these horses to be miss treated for the price of greed to make money off
tourist.
any thoughts on what I should do would be appricated.
Thnaks
CK