Re: [RC] Re:scott's reply - Truman Prevatt

I've spent plenty of 80 hour weeks, in fact I've spend plenty of 120
hour weeks, in fact I've spend plenty of weeks (after weeks/after weeks)
where all I was doing was focusing on the "mission." Did I do it for
money - hell no. Did I do it because it was a worthy mission and was a
challenge and was something that had "never been done before" hell yes.

If you are busting you butt for money - you are doing it for the wrong
reason. However, many times those that bust for other reasons - end up
rewarded because they are contributors.

Several years ago I tried to semi-retire and work only about half time.
I have a nice half time contract - low stress R&D contract - that would
allow me more time for among other things to ride. Now I'm up to full
time since there are problems out there that haven't been solved yet.
They are important problems to solve, they are challenging and when you
do nail one there is tremendous satisfaction. As far as riding more - I
just make time. As Linclon Farr, Lt Gen USAF once said - "if I want
someone to get an important job done I round up the most busy person I
can find and ask them to do it." You find a way to manage the time.

When I'm busy I make myself ride because I do fit it in because it is a
priority. When I find myself less busy, I actually probably ride less.

So the answer is fairly complicated.

Truman

Tracey Smith wrote:

Scott:
Some folks truly ARE NOT motivated by money and no, that is NOT my attempt to "rationalize" as you say or "look down my nose" at those who have money...it is the honest to goodness truth.

--

“It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how
smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong” Richard