RE: [RC] Broken leg pain - Libby & Quentin Llop DVM

I've noticed that the pain is a lot worse if I consume alcohol or pain killers (after they have worn off).  I think they must short circuit the body's natural pain relief systems. So, when I forget that and need to relearn it, I have a bad day before getting  back to "pretty good for a broken back". I can see where it would be easy to just take more and set up a bad cycle.  Libby
-----Original Message-----
From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Kathy Ramspott
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 10:16 AM
To: 'Amber Roberts'; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [RC] Broken leg pain

Amber,

I can?t speak of broken leg pain but instead arm/wrist.  I have noticed that when I am a certain weight the bones ache more then if I am a few pounds lighter (5 to be exact)  It might sound strange but I really think that if your body is at its ideal weight that bones and ligaments are not as swelled maybe or something changes anyway.  I?ll wake up in the morning with a tinge of arthritis feeling when I?m over weight.  When I drop the 5 ? 10 pounds no pain.  Really.

Has anyone else experienced  this?

Kathy R - Se