Fw: Re: [RC] Fallis Balanced Saddle - Renie M burnett

You bet I've ridden (and still own) a Fallis Balanced Saddle.  It was developed by the great Monte Foreman, who was a horseman way ahead of his time.  Fallis saddles were modified by some endurance riders long ago; Jim Jones (of the Jim Jones Stallion Award) had one.  The stirrups are not hung "forward", they are hung where they are Supposed to hang!!!   Sit on a horse bareback, and then sit on a Fallis;  your legs hang in the same place.  That's why it is called the Balanced Saddle!!

The Boz saddles are based on the same idea; however, i think Boz does put his stirrups on more forward than the Fallis.  I ride a Boz and love it, all I have used for the last 13 years;  However, mine is Boz' original which was made exactly like the Fallis except that Boz developed the flexible tree material.     I am curious; are you considering getting a Fallis or do you already have one?   it sure makes horse's backs happy.   Renie