Re: [RC] Flax Seed Discussion - gary affleck

I have found no heat in the 15 seconds it takes to grind flax seed.  If you're worried about that give twice as much whole seed to your horses and waste it.  G.Affleck
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 10:51 AM
Subject: [RC] Flax Seed Discussion

Please Reply to: Kim kimfue@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just curious, if heat is destructive to the benificial ingredients of flax seed does the heat generated in grinding the seed in a coffee grinder negate some of the benefits?  I have never ground flax seed in a coffee grinder but I do grind coffee beans and notice there is quite a bit of heat generated.

Kim