[RC] home brew e-lytes - Jody Rogers-Buttram

Hello All,

  I have a horse that sometimes can get an electrolyte imbalance.   I use the Endura-lytes and REALLY like them.  Have had no problems with all the other horses.  So, here is the deal.  One mare in particular has had this problem about 2 or maybe 3 times.  Nothing severe, but caused some cramping.  She had a sister that did the same thing, (rode her years ago).  Ended up using a home brew on the sister, and bam!!!!  She went from not completing to winning and BC.  So, I can remember some of what I used, but not how much.  What I want to do is try to use the bought stuff with some of the home brew at the rides and see what happens.  I was thinking that maybe supplementing with the homemade might be the extra that this mare needs.  She just finished a 55 miler this past weekend in 12th place and looked good.  But still, I want to do more if I can.  So, what I remember was lyte salt, feed grade lime and I was thinking baking soda.  But I don't remember how much of each.  So, if anyone out there makes their own, please let me know what you use.

Thanks,
Jody

Do you Yahoo!?