Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.2362 Padding horses for sand - Chris Paus

I'm beginning to think that my horses need fins or flippers and maybe snorkels instead of shoes! I don't think it's ever going to quit raining here! We get 3 or 4  days of rain every week. Right now we're under a flood watch.

There was a pretty dramatic rescue in our county when a couple in an SUV slid off a muddy road into a swollen river.

I can't tell you how many times I've done the stork dance at chore time when the mud has sucked a boot right off me!

Yesterday, my grandson and I decided if we waited for it to quit raining, we'd never ride, so we took a couple of horses out for a swim around the section line roads....

chris

heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I have heard that padding a horse helps them push through the sand,
> rather like fins help a swimmer.

"If I fill this moment with gratitude, the next moment can't help but bring blessings."

Chris and Star

BayRab Acres
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus