[RC] Bev and Paladin - Kathy Mayeda

Okay, I have to admit to having my horse IV’d and I kick myself for it.  I am absolutely sure that I wasn’t riding as smart as Bev was either.

But nobody was mean to me about it.  Everyone just left me alone in my misery.  I’m just another local rider.  And I’m not going to hide because of this.  And I rode my horse again in a slow endurance ride two months later.  Hard lessons learned about a horse that thinks he’s Godzilla but isn’t that day.

I hear stories of horse deaths, and know a few of these riders.  They care for their horses.  They hurt about it.  Most instances it was just plain bad luck, not over-riding.

We are lucky to have Pal still with us, I was scared for a moment.

Kathy Mayeda