[RC] So who went riding today? - Suvut

Beautiful weekend and I was able to get both my boys out for a trail ride!  My 6 year old (Corey) has his shoes off for a month and is a bit tender-footed, so we have been taking it really easy.  My 27 year old (Elite - retired endurance horse with 5,000 miles) hasn't had shoes on for years and has tough feet.  He was retired to pasture for the past couple of years and just recently started light trail riding again.

So Sharon (on Elite) and I took the horses up to the top of the park where there is a beautiful meadow with a mowed path -- great footing for a tender barefooted boy!  So off we go at a brisk trot -- FINALLY, Corey says!  By and by, I noticed Elite wasn't behind us anymore.  So we slowed to a walk and presently, here comes Sharon and Elite.  She said, "He was getting too strong and wanting to take off, so I made him walk!"  I almost cried.  Elite -- old, fat, and sway-backed still thinks he's an endurance horse and felt the "challenge."  God Bless these old guys!!

Susan in Louisville