Re: [RC] Short horses - Chris Paus

I wouldn't rule him out. You may have to duck under some low tree branches, but I wouldn't let size either tall or short rule out a good horse.

chris

Nancy Sturm <nsturm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

As I have aged, I find I really like those short horses.  I have a little bay pony cross gelding I like to ride who feels plenty big in motion.

So - I'm going to look at a horse in a few days who sounds like he's just the horse I need except that instead of being 14-1 he's 15-3.  If everything else seemed right, would you rule out a horse because he's that big?  This is another Standardbred, not an Arab.

Nancy Sturm

Nancy Sturm
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.

"A good horse makes short miles," George Eliot

Chris and Star

BayRab Acres
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus