Sent: 2/5/2005 9:12:51 PM
Subject: [RC] Any suggestions for hair growth?

Hi all. Last May, my then-yearling tried to escape. He pushed his way out of a barely cracked-open stall door (I had nothing to do with this), ran out of the barn, and tried to go through our high-tensile electric fence to be in with the big boys. His paddock is done in the Red Brand horse fence, with an electric strand on top, so he didn't notice their fence. Somehow, he didn't kill himself. My dad called, I rushed home, in tears, and managed to catch him. He had sliced all the way through the skin/meat (all the way to the periosteum) on his right rear cannon from one side to the other- about 2/3 the circumference of the cannon. The vet came out, she sedated him, and removed the flap of skin (no possibility to suture, skin wouldn't even reach its original location.) After weeks of cold hosing and cleaning, it finally healed. Took all summer. The scar is smaller than I thought it would be, but still an eyesore- roughly 3" in diameter. There is no associated lump of scar tissue under the surface, it's smooth, and boy is he soun d! oooh- sorry for the rambling- anywho- does anyone know of ANYTHING that might possibly help with hair growth? I know that as he grows, the scar won't, so it may eventually look a little smaller, but UGGHH.
Any ideas would be much appreciated!
Thanks~
Lindsey Adams