Re: [RC] a different perspective - Barbara McCrary

Don't leave too soon.  There're just a couple or three snit-fits going on at present.  Much of the time, there ARE pearls of wisdom.  Just delete the snit-fits and watch for the good stuff.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2005 11:12 AM
Subject: [RC] a different perspective

Hey all,

I just jioned this list and was very much looking forward to hearing what all had to say etc.  I very much wanted to learn and gain as much as I possibly could from this type of forum.  So, my mind was very open.

However, I am rather disappointed.  Instead of gleaming pearls of hard earned wisdom that you all might have to share, it's primarily been about a lot of flaming and diatribes etc.  I've been in horses for over 40 years and have ridden on an International level (just not in Endurance - that I am new to).  If I wanted to hear all of this general slamming etc, I could have stayed put in the Hunter ring.

It's not that it is not going to occur.  No sport is immune to it.  It's the level and intensity of the flaming that is discouraging me about this forum.

Yes, I could leave this list.  However, my situation is unique in that I live in Alaska.  What is "Enduance" here would have most of you laughing but it is where I live for now.  I am a newbie as well.  Thus, I had hoped that this list could be a much needed resource; as there is no where to go in Ak for info re: endurance.

Here's hoping that I don't get flamed for posting even this!

Jackie

Do you Yahoo!?